Monday 30 March 2015

Easy Sausage Rolls

Easy Sausage Rolls
When buying sausages for the family, I find that one pack is not really enough for the 4 of us and 2 packets are too many. So I decided to use up my left over sausages productively this week by making sausage rolls.

What you need:
  • Some sausages - I had 9 leftover chipolata sausages
  • A packet of ready made frozen puff pastry. Defrost and let it get to room temperature
  • 1 egg, beaten
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
Roll out the pastry to about 40cm by 30cm.
Cut it into 3 long strips 3 x 40cm by 10cm
Take the skin off the sausages and lay them along the length of the pastry strips
Egg wash one side of the pastry strips and roll the pastry around the sausages
Cut them into small sausage roll sizes, so about an inch long
Put them into the fridge to let the pastry harden a little, about 20 minutes
I scored my pastry on the top, but that's more for decoration than anything else I think.
Egg wash all the exposed pastry
Cook in the oven for about 25 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown

Elizabeth had these in her packed lunch the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment