Friday 20 March 2015

Recipe Recommendation Lemon and Raspberry Cake

I'm sending you elsewhere for this week's update. I follow Richard Burr on twitter. He was a finalist (and my favourite) in the last series of Great British Bake Off. He posted a link on twitter for a fantastic cake to make for Mother's Day. It's a lemon sponge cake with raspberry buttercream icing.

Here's the link: Mother's Day Recipe.

If I was to make it again I would be tempted to use at least one less lemon and I would only make about two thirds of the quantity of icing, because I had enough left over for half a dozen cupcakes.

I found that the lemon in the sponge overpowered the cake and I could not taste the raspberry in the icing.

But it was a gorgeous cake overall and I went back for seconds (and thirds!)

I was delighted to be included in Richard's tweet later in the day about lots of people making his cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment