Saturday 20 June 2015

Quick Quesadillas


Quesadilla
I made my first quesadillas and they were fab! Elizabeth especially loved them.

Ingredients

  • 1 tbsp sunflower oil
  • 1 cooked chicken breast
  • some chopped up cooked ham
  • 1tbsp tomato puree
  • 2tbsp soy sauce
  • about 50g grated cheddar cheese
Heat the oil in a frying pan and the chicken and ham on a low heat for a minute or two, then mix in the tomato puree and soy sauce. Cook for a further 2 minutes. 

  • If I was making the quesadillas for myself, I would also add some red pepper and sweetcorn. I would fry them at this stage until they were starting to soften.




In a separate frying pan, lay a flour tortilla in the base of the pan and top with the chicken mixture. Sprinkle over the cheese and top with the other tortilla.
Cover the pan with a lid and cook over a gentle heat for 12 minutes. Flip the tortilla over - I put a large plate over the pan, tipped it so that the tortilla was on the plate, then I slipped it back into the pan. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
Remove the tortilla from the pan, allow it to cook slightly, then slice it into wedges.


I served this up with some Cajun potato wedges - peel several large potatoes and slice them up into wedges. Mix them up with a table spoon of oil and some cajun seasoning. Cook in the oven at 180 degrees for about 40 minutes. Turn them over a few times to stop them from sticking to the baking tray.

No comments:

Post a Comment